Skip to main content

tv   Liberally Stephanie Miller  Current  May 20, 2013 6:00am-9:01am PDT

6:00 am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: all right tv land hour number 1, jacki schechner and i went with a big group of folks to see the great gad sby yesterday. >> what and did we learn? 3-d unnecessary. >> stephanie: i can't see through the 3-d's and they hurt
6:01 am
my nose, and i refused to wear them. >> you watched a blurry movie? >> stephanie: yes, i did. >> i don't like it because it dims the bright colors of the movie? >> stephanie: that's right. grandma can't see. just ate my werthers. my seeing and hearing is going. >> what? >> what? >> stephanie: here is my bff, jacki schechner. >> good morning, earn. president obama is welcome burmese president to the white house today. he gave an interview to the "washington post" in which he plans to explain the challenges of their country. human rights violation by the army, but his government still stands accused of ignoring human rights abuses. today's meeting is being called a check in after president obama
6:02 am
was the first sitting u.s. president to visit burma back in november. president obama and the first lady both gave graduation speeches over the weekend. the president gave the commencement address at morehouse college. and he told the all-male class there is no room for excuses. he spoke of his own hardships and failings. something his wife touched on as well. >> obama: whatever you have gone through, it pails in comparison to the hardships previous generations have endured. >> i can take up the whole afternoon talking about all of his failures. >> she is so great. the student who introduced the first lady said she has been an inspiration for his mother who
6:03 am
now has better-toned arms than he does. we're back with more steph after the break. stay with us. ♪ very, very excited about that and very proud of that. >>beltway politics from inside the loop. >>we tackle the big issues here in our nation's capital, around the country and around the globe. >>dc columnist and four time emmy winner bill press opens current's morning news block. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning. when i first felt the diabetic nerve pain, of course i had no idea what it was. i felt like my feet were going to sleep. it progressed from there to burning... to like 1,000 bees that were just stinging my feet. [ female announcer ] it's known that diabetes damages nerves. lyrica is fda approved to treat diabetic nerve pain. lyrica is not for everyone.
6:04 am
it may cause serious allergic reactions or suicidal thoughts or actions. tell your doctor right away if you have these, new or worsening depression, or unusual changes in mood or behavior. or swelling, trouble breathing rash, hives, blisters, changes in eyesight including blurry vision, muscle pain with fever tired feeling, or skin sores from diabetes. common side effects are dizziness, sleepiness, weight gain and swelling of hands, legs and feet. don't drink alcohol while taking lyrica. don't drive or use machinery until you know how lyrica affects you. those who have had a drug or alcohol problem may be more likely to misuse lyrica. having less pain is -- it's a wonderful feeling. [ female announcer ] ask your doctor about lyrica today. it's specific treatment for diabetic nerve pain.
6:05 am
(vo) this afternoon, current tv is the place for compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current. john fugelsang: if you believe in states rights but still support the drug war you must be high. cenk uygur: i think the number one thing viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. i think the audience gets that i actually mean it. michael shure: this show is about being up to date so a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. joy behar: you can say anything here. jerry springer: i spent a couple of hours with a hooker
6:06 am
joy behar: your mistake was writing a check jerry springer: she never cashed it (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. tonight starting at 6 eastern. [♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: yahoo, happy monday, everybody, six minutes after the hour 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. rude pundit coming up at the bottom of the hour. wow wee. wow wee. have a guess the quote right out of the box this who said benghazi is worse than watergate and iran contra combined times maybe ten? >> joseph [ inaudible ]. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: no that would be the stunning representative steve king. that is a stunning amount of
6:07 am
hyperbole. really? really? really? >> like a ten year old. >> stephanie: ten times a zillion. >> did david gregory even recognize the stupidness of that? >> stephanie: i don't think so. and he played a clip of mitch mcconnell from 25 years ago when he was a much younger turtle. >> wow. >> when he was one of those turtles that was crawling across the beach before being eaten by a gull. >> stephanie: yeah. there he is a little baby turtle. yeah, that happened. we talked about this last week but it just amazing. they are not impeded by facts at all. it's -- yeah i was reading this
6:08 am
in the sunday l.a. sometimes quoting representative steve king and he is now described as the hyperbolic steve king. the three embrolios, and tom brokaw say do not add up to another watergate. even not close. the irs thing it's the opposite of watergate. nixon again, as we must point out, planted someone at the irs and directed them who to audit and target on his enemy's list. this was lack of oversight at the irs was there was no one in charge because the republicans have obstructed it again. oy vey. >> why did obama force him not to be there and do stuff that he is supposed to do.
6:09 am
>> stephanie: right. eric boller writes about this as well, why -- isn't the biggest scandal this abc thing? the republicans wrote their own -- they mischaracterized the white house emails on purpose. and nobody is even covering that as a story. abc breaks this story -- [♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: republicans wrote them. it's a summary written by republicans to just go with that. so on benghazi doyle mcmanes writes. it was five weeks before the election -- if the white house was trying to amount a coverup it forgot to tell the rest of the administration. the white house released emails from the wrangle, they mostly
6:10 am
reveals struggles when the cia and the white house. it has not closed them down a skosh has it? >> no. >> stephanie: republican critics already run their risk of repeating their impeachment of president clinton. maybe they are wasting is time on partisan squabbles. >> yeah. >> stephanie: that might be why there is the appearance of that. seriously when we have these stupid sequester cuts in place, we need to work on jobs and this is what they are spending time on. you are having flash backs to the '90s the bj the white water -- and now the president used an umbrella everybody. >> really? >> have you heard this?
6:11 am
>> no. >> oh, god. >> was he doing a mary poppins impression? >> stephanie: no he was in a press conference with another prime minister in the rain. so to be polite he has marines -- >> hold umbrellas for both of them while they continued with their remarks. >> stephanie: yeah, and this is a thing now, jim! >> sarah palin tweeted -- >> stephanie: oh and then you know the outrage. >> sarah palin tweeted, americans hold their own umbrellas. >> stephanie: yeah. he asked the marines to protect he and his guest from the rain.
6:12 am
>> he was being courteous to his guest. is >> hillary clinton: turkey? >> stephanie: this is yet another administration blunder. male marines are not allowed to use umbrellas while in uniform. title 10 of the u.s. code say members of the supreme courtmilitary service will perform services as the president directs them. "new york post," another scandal hits obama. when it rains it pours. >> i have seen that done before. >> stephanie: yeah, it's hard to speak as the leader of the free world in the pouring rain.
6:13 am
>> and then someone posted a picture of someone holding an umbrella for sarah palin as she got off a plane. >> stephanie: the daily caller wrote up the incident the headline -- [♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: -- obama breaks protocol. >> he did no such thing! oh, god. >> stephanie: ow. ow. ow. ow. >> umbrella protocol. >> stephanie: sarah palin tweets mr. president when it rains it pours, but most americans hold their own umbrellas. ♪ you are an idiot ♪ >> stephanie: have you ever seen a press conference when world leaders are holding their own
6:14 am
umbrellas and -- >> stephanie: no. >> stephanie: it's the president apologizing to the rain again. wuse. at least he did not cast dis dispersions on anyone's asparagus. >> what? >> stephanie: rude pundit writing about this how loui gohmert lost his -- he was in such a blatter because holder said you don't know what i know you little little man. because he was trying to say the fbi screwed up on this and that and the marathon bombing whatever -- and it's hilarious -- and nobody knows what you mean. you know when you are that mad in a fight, and you are like
6:15 am
what the hell did i just say? i don't know. >> it sounded good at the time. >> stephanie: yes, but that's exactly what he said. you are casting dispersions on my asparagus. >> you don't know what the fbi did. >> the attorney general then sits there -- >> mr. chairman -- >> make statements that were not true -- >> then of course casts dispersions on my asparagus. ♪ still mangle our thoughts all together ♪ >> he made statements that what i said were not true -- >> actually the verbose happened -- >> he casts aspersions on my asparagus. ♪ aspersions on my asparagus ♪
6:16 am
>> that is one of my favorite gohmert songs. [ applause ] >> stephanie: as rocky mountain mike said it is the dawning of the age of asparagus. [♪ circus music ♪] [ laughter ] >> was he like dropped on his head as a child. >> stephanie: i don't -- he is such a gohmert. you know what i'm saying? >> in marcus bachmann goes off and gets gay married i think fishel balk man and loui gohmert should get married. >> stephanie: oh my god. >> he must have been hit by a stray ball as a kid. >> an errant croquet ball. >> stephanie: he has seen animated birds for several decades now. [ whistling ] >> stephanie: that's what it
6:17 am
was. we were talk about relative scandals, and we were in much discussion of the bj -- >> i'm sorry, what? >> stephanie: steph nobody died from the bj that was given. if you die from a bj you are doing it wrong. all right. okay. jim -- >> that's a different story. >> stephanie: greg says -- by the way, and agreeing with me about the sexual relations thing. there was an opening in the lawyer's deposition and clinton took it.
6:18 am
paula jones lawyer describes it in her opening statement. oh it's true. ♪ nah nah nah nah nah ♪ >> stephanie: okay. >> speaking of hilary wait until you hear what one right-wing host said -- >> stephanie: oh, i know. >> we have the audio. >> oh, boy. >> stephanie: it's about a loophole of a different kind. seventeen minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> oh, my god, this is so amazing. it's all anybody in my class is talk about. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show."
6:19 am
6:20 am
6:21 am
ç]
6:22 am
>> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> with a distinctly satirical point of view. if you believe in state's rights but still believe in the drug war you must be high. >> only on current tv. ♪
6:23 am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ up in here up in here y'all going to make me go all out, up in here, up in here ♪ ♪ y'all going to make me act a fool, up in here up in here ♪ ♪ y'all going to make me lose my cool, up in there, up in here ♪ >> loui gohmert has already lost his mind up in there. >> stephanie: that's right. hello go ahead. >> caller: first time caller but long time listener to you. but i have to say this about david gregory on "meet the
6:24 am
press," it is time for him to go. >> stephanie: yeah let's have donald rumsfeld on to talk about any incompetence of the obama administration. >> caller: really. isn't that the road calling the frog a toad? >> yes. >> stephanie: my stars and garters, i have never seen an administration with such incompetence. >> you go to war with the toads you had not the ones you wish you had, we know exactly where they are, north, south, west east west -- >> stephanie: right. manage such incompetence. i hate to give this guy publicity, because he is
6:25 am
currently an interweb radio host. pete santilli right wing radio host. one would hope this called for some sort of visit from somebody of some source. >> want to shoot her in the vagina, and i don't want her to die right away. i want her to feel the pain and look her in the eye and say on behalf of all of the americans you have killed on behalf of all of the marine the whole fake scenario because these navy seals know the truth, they killed them all. on behalf of all of those people, i'm supporting our troops by saying we need to try, convict, and shoot, hillary clinton in the vagina. >> stephanie: so that's the level we have gotten to.
6:26 am
because they have to out-outrage each other. >> mark levin says dammit! why didn't i think of that. >> stephanie: it was a fake -- >> yeah, it was a cover up so she needs to be shot in the vagina -- >> because she planned the whole thing. >> stephanie: he describes himself as a former coca-cola executive. he suggests he is ready for national syndication. >> sure. >> give me a show, i please! >> give me a show, or i'll shoot you in the vagina! >> stephanie: right. i am a radio talk show host
6:27 am
ready to take my show to the national syndication. >> and i'm ready to be queen of bell -- belgium. >> stephanie: sadly, the radio industry probably can handle this guy. it's for stations that go michael savage is too reasonable and modulated. we need someone like that. >> that was also a little echoey, it sounded like he was doing it from his dining room -- >> maybe we could give him some of these things. >> stephanie: right. or maybe he'll end up in a room that already has padding. [ laughter ] >> that would help. >> stephanie: for his protection. >> a rubber spork.
6:28 am
>> for his truth and honesty. >> stephanie: right. that took a real man to say that. so that just happened -- and it happened on my show as well. >> it did. >> stephanie: dana in maryland, hi, dana. >> caller: hi, guys good morning. hope everybody had a good weekend. >> stephanie: absolutely. >> caller: i wanted to comment on the rifle thing, and ted nugent has done that on stage before, where he brings out a rival and says about hilary where he would like to stick his gun. and i think it's sick. but the upshot is when she gets into the white house, we're going to be having the last laugh. >> stephanie: if you think clinton one was fun. >> caller: exactly. i think he wants to get back in there -- and whatever it takes, she is going to get in there -- >> stephanie: if you think
6:29 am
right-wing world exploded at the black guy getting in wait until the first woman gets in. [ explosion ] >> caller: exactly. and that's the problem too. we give them attention. >> stephanie: i think their nads will disappear up inside of them for the first four years of her presidency. >> caller: exactly. and the rock and roll hall of fame induction was amazing. and music brings us together. and seeing rush get accepted -- >> stephanie: except for ted nugent. so watch it if you get a chance. i love you guys. and hilary 2016! [ applause ] >> i can't wait for the hilary palin debates. >> she should bring in an
6:30 am
umbrella. honest. they know that i'm not bs'ing them with some hidden agenda, actually supporting one party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know that i'm going to be the first one to call them out. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
6:31 am
6:32 am
6:33 am
(vo) current tv is the place for compelling true stories. (kaj) jack, how old are you? >> nine. (adam) this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines. way inside. (christoff) we're patrolling the area looking for guns, drugs bodies ... (adam) we're going to places where few others are going. [lady] you have to get out now. >> lots of terrible things happen to people growing marijuana. >> this crop to me is my livelihood. >> i'm being violated by the health care system. (christoff) we go and spend a considerable amount of time getting to know the people and the characters that are actually living these stories. (vo) from the underworld to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current. >> occupy! >> we will have class warfare. (vo) true stories, current perspective. documentaries. on current tv.
6:34 am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> what kind of girl do you think i am? >> i don't know you look like the kind of girl who brings down congressmen. >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. it's monday, everybody, look out, it is monday. >> the rude pundit ♪ bah, bah, bah, bah ♪ >> pundit. >> stephanie: good morning pappa. >> good morning. shooting in the vagina.
6:35 am
>> stephanie: what now? >> imagine that the sflois your head is ted nugent. it's just -- it's just so classless. >> stephanie: yeah. yeah. rudeness, some great stuff. we have been talk about the gohmert thing as well this morning, because -- and you write about it appreciate the little things in life. eric holder pushes loui gohmert into a lunatic rage. it was a thing of beauty. >> yeah, the gop was forced to let their crazy uncle out of the basement for a while, and they couldn't drag him back until he unzipped himself and started exposing himself to the neighbor kids. >> stephanie: even issa was like what have i done. >> issa and good latte. which is the greatest name. and his wife amelia espresso or something like that.
6:36 am
but, yeah, they were jumping on him -- calling for regular order. >> stephanie: yeah. >> yeah, i would have loved to see the faces of some of the democrats on the commit teat that moment. >> stephanie: yeah. you say at this time you have got to learn to appreciate the little things. and eric holder bitch-slapping arrogant numb nuts darrell issa. that was first. >> it was. it was all right -- he -- he was confronting the guy that tried to get him out of his job, so it was great to see him -- you know, just call him out, and say that -- you know. >> stephanie: right. but as you point out that was really a warm-up act for as you say -- lou which gohmert a [ censor bleep ] from one of the [ censor bleep ]s districts in texas, gohmert looks like jim
6:37 am
nabors inbred cousin trying to cough up a hair ball. >> yeah. it was as if -- you know fog horn leg horn had just had relations with yosemite sam. >> stephanie: yeah. you say he is one of the craziest son of a bitches ready to spit out anything that is vomited into his brain. he is captain crazy pants. >> he is that they all are. they are boldly willing to go out there and show his ass to the public. >> are you casting aspersions on his asparagus? >> i am. >> stephanie: talk about what it was -- you quote -- holder basically just totally panted him, as you say.
6:38 am
you don't know what the fbi did, you don't know what the fbi's interactions were with the russians, you cannot know what i know. and that's all. >> yeah, he went all info wars on holder. and people have left out what i also thought was hilarious was the first part of gohmert going after holder when gohmert said that holder didn't give congress some records he was looking for on a case. and holder said, yeah you have been ready to do that but your staff never contacted us. and gohmert just say all right, moving on now -- >> stephanie: moving on now because i'm an idiot. you say what followed can best be described as gohmert going into a rage because the negro
6:39 am
has told him he was young, and they tried to get him back into the basement sitting in his rocking chair. >> yeah, he just sits there, and people keep throwing food down the stairs because they didn't want to go down there with him. he is essentially part of the hills have eyes movie. >> stephanie: what was the aspersions on my asparagus moment? it was weird. >> i know. did he have a secret asparagus agenda that he was really trying to get at? that somehow the boston bombing affected asparagus prices? he got some sort of echo chamber
6:40 am
of the word aspersions. >> ass-persions. >> and he would go asparagus. and his staff would go no congressman, aspersions. >> stephanie: i think the congressman is being bitchy to my broccoli. >> he posted it to his house website. he posted the video to the front page of his website. like look at me! i went after the attorney general with my asparagus. >> stephanie: oh dear. you wrote in brief it's all about 2014 now. you said if you believe a single gop player in this upcome cluster [ censor bleep ] of the investigations is going to pause and think, huh, you are right.
6:41 am
you are as dilutional as the most extreme. no really rush limbaugh believes this. >> yeah. >> stephanie: it is amazing right? >> it is. and there's not going to be -- the great thing about these stories right now is for the gop there is not going to be an explanation that works for them. even -- even if it starts turning out that some of these things they are saying are true; that they will just set the bar higher. there is an irs memo putting out that there is a policy to look at tea party groups. >> stephanie: right. >> they are just going to keep coming up with crazier and crazier narrative for this and you just have to go for taking the congress away from them take their toys away. >> stephanie: yeah.
6:42 am
they report one glaringly incorrect thing and then they don't mention it again. you are right. it doesn't have to be based on anything. >> right. or as you said at the top of the show, the real scandal here right now is who gave the press emails -- or characterized emails in a way that did cast aspersions on the state department's asparagus. >> stephanie: exactly. [ laughter ] >> good god. >> stephanie: and say indeed it was laughable when john boehner said who is going to jail over this. and you say your first instint is to say, oh shut the [ censor bleep ] orange. all effort needs to be focused
6:43 am
on 2014. >> i demand to talk to the director of the department of asparagus. >> exactly. at some point we need to stop defending obama. that doesn't mean we want bad things to happen to obama, but we're using all of the energy for that, when we should be using it to make it so we don't have to defend obama constantly. >> stephanie: right. and you advise us give up on the bush comparisons, it will only raise your blood pressure does america one a government that is working on jobs? and the polling is baring that out, that people don't care about benghazi and the more they scream about it, the less there is there. >> yeah, and obama's approval rating has stayed at 53%. >> stephanie: well that was
6:44 am
before umbrella gate. [♪breaking news theme♪] >> oh, right. he ordered the troops to torture, for a bush comparison. and see all that does is raise my blood pressure and doesn't accomplish anything. >> stephanie: see what you have done. >> flerg! >> yeah, and it starts to make my temples throb. >> stephanie: and when you say throb, we have to get out now -- >> bye. [ applause ] >> once you say throb it's about to get really rude. >> stephanie: exactly. kevin in dc. >> caller: good morning, lovely stephanie. >> stephanie: good morning, baby. >> caller: it's a little dark here, but you brighten it right
6:45 am
up. >> stephanie: ain't no sunshine when i'm gone. >> caller: that's right. except for a few notable exceptions in my life, interactions with caucasians have been mostly positive and swatting spit with you on multiple occasions has been right at the top -- >> stephanie: i was going to say that is some interaction at sexy liberal dc. >> caller: yeah. even after the show. but every once in a while things remind that things aren't perfect, such as umbrella gate. seriously there are pictures at the punch of a finger you can google up multiple pictures of -- including reagan. >> stephanie: yeah you don't even need to google -- you can say, with the click of one finger i can find pretty much
6:46 am
every president -- >> since there have been umbrellas. >> caller: and miss palin, "washington post," they put a picture of her right away talking down the stairs -- >> stephanie: right. you misunderstand, this is the first time a black president has done this. and as aisha tyler told us black people melt in the rain. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: i remember everything she has ever said. >> sir mix a lot is from seattle. >> jimmy hendrix is from seattle. >> stephanie: maybe it's a part of your brain that's when where we got boogty boogty cheese -- maybe that's what
6:47 am
happened to loui gohmert. >> somebody left a sponge in his brain. >> stephanie: or you said he was hit by a -- >> by an errant croquet ball while getting potato salad at any picnic. or a big huge cartoon mallet. >> stephanie: that would explain it. ow! forty seven minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show" >> announcer: there is a tea party in her pants, and you are invited. call now, 1-800-steph-1-2. globe. >>dc columnist and four time emmy winner bill press opens current's morning news block. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning.
6:48 am
6:49 am
6:50 am
6:51 am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything. ♪
6:52 am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ now i know it's true ♪ ♪ naughty girls need love too ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." fifty-one minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. >> there are rumors you got wilson and cruz pregnant last night. >> stephanie: i tried. we cohosted the void awards for the gay men's choir. they were all behind us and i said i did not know there were going to be gays in here. [♪ dramatic music ♪] >> stephanie: a lot of gays are here. >> up in here up in here. >> stephanie: and wilson cruz and i are dating and kissing
6:53 am
now. >> he goes to my celebrity gym. >> steve steinberg is in the gay men's chorus. >> stephanie: huh. jim someone beat you to a hitler reference this morning and that would be chuck grassley. and you can't spell grassley without -- >> ass. >> stephanie: he is quite active on the twitter machine. >> you can't spell twitter without twit. >> >> stephanie: he issued a warning saturday in one area where he thinks america is suffering. he said america has no foreign policy. last time he had no american % policy, it was september 1949
6:54 am
hitler had -- [ buzzer ] >> oh, come on. >> stephanie: tim in cleveland. hello. >> caller: hey. it is frightening that loui gohmert gets returns to congress continuously. but it is even more frightening that he has a jd and sat on a ben. >> stephanie: that's right. >> caller: anybody who appeared in that court, i can only imagine the outcome. >> stephanie: yeah everybody come to order it's judge crazy pants time. >> my guest at this time is texas republican congressman, loui gohmert. >> this administration has so many muslim brotherhood members -- ♪ he's got muslims, he's not muslims on his mind ♪ ♪ has a drink every sometime he
6:55 am
says benghazi and you'll drink all the time ♪ ♪ if you bad is black you are in the muslim brotherhood ♪ ♪ we'll go fishing, we'll go fishing for a crime ♪ ♪ he ear always happy, because we're living our right-wing time ♪ ♪ >> stephanie: rude pundit was just talking about -- he said -- he was talk about muslimy things when he got panted by eric holder. >> exactly. >> stephanie: that whole thing. >> thing. >> stephanie: sue in rockville, you are on the "stephanie miller show." hello, sue. >> caller: hi, and before i told you about what he really meant to say, because i figured it out. jim was it not your birthday yesterday? >> yes, it was. >> stephanie: happy, happy
6:56 am
birthday. ♪ you say it's your birthday ♪ >> i had a couple of thousands of wishes on my facebook page -- >> you just announced you have a facebook page on the air, jim. >> caller: and you can sing happy birthday to yourself in any voice you want. [ laughter ] >> caller: what he was trying to say is don't cast aspersions on my apparatus, because he thought it was an insult to his manhood, because gohmert is a very very little man with a very very little manhood. >> it's like a sprig of asparagus. >> stephanie: ricky welcome. >> caller: mcconnell must be really running skeered, because he is already running ads on our
6:57 am
local tv and you can't get a new car would listening to him. and i would like to see him beat bad. >> stephanie: yeah. yeah. the polling is certainly showing he is vulnerable. but they certainly scared ashley judd out of the race before she ever got in -- >> she wouldn't have won because this is not the right state for that -- >> stephanie: we were talking about that, that he should be forced to run against his record -- because you are right -- melissa fitzgerald said that, on her show, we were talking about the fact they would make it all about her, slutty actress -- >> he would have showed up with naked pictures of her and passed them out. that's the kind of guy he is. >> stephanie: yeah exactly. >> caller: he'll do anything to win, and he has been
6:58 am
concentrating on obamacare now. >> stephanie: yes, and that is certainly time well spent. cookie in arkansas. you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, cookie. >> caller: hi, good morning, stephanie. hi, guys. >> hey, cookie. >> caller: hey, listen, i am telling you that i am -- like michele bachmann, i am behind enemy lines. [ laughter ] >> caller: but we need to get them to shut up, and how we do it -- just before george bush left office, was watching democracy now, and i am challenging all of the reporters out there to go out there and be forceful. all of this stuff they are reporting is stupid. what about the time they talked about how before george bush was leaving office he had put all of these -- planted these people deep within the state department?
6:59 am
>> stephanie: oh conspiracy snosage. ç]
7:00 am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: all right. hour number 2, jacki schechner. >> yes? >> stephanie: you must love this -- having worked so hard to get us affordable care so now the republicans are trying to link the irs scandal -- >> yeah, they are trying to link it to the affordable care act, because the irs -- there are parts of the irs that are going to have to deal with
7:01 am
implementing the affordable air act. >> stephanie: the logical conclusion is that means the irs will start denying you health care because of your religious -- what? >> my favorite was she said that the said the president needs to work with congress and the right before the president released a statement that said we are going to work with congress. so she really needs to turn on the tv or something. i'm not a big michele bachmann fan. >> stephanie: right. here she is. >> the taliban is claiming responsible for a bombing that killed 14 people in afghanistan. the bomber killed himself, two
7:02 am
bodyguards, four check point police and seven civilians. they have been stepping up attacks to weaken the government as international troops prepare to withdraw from afghanistan next year. we're also getting reports that a deadly wave of bombings is sweeping across iraq. a car bomb exploded today killing 13 and wounding another 25. back here at home the senate judiciary commit see the hoping to pass a immigration reform bill before the recess and send it to the senate floor in june for debate. there are still some disputes to be worked out. one concerns visas for high-tech immigrants. the bill has it stands and as labor groups support as it stands now. they would insist that u.s. workers get first stabs at those jobs. another disagreement revolves
7:03 am
around letting spouses stand. the committee managed to slog through some 300 amendments to the bill and managed to keep most at bay. marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
7:04 am
7:05 am
john fugelsang: if you believe in states rights but still support the drug war you must be high. cenk uygur: i think the number one thing viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. i think the audience gets that i actually mean it. michael shure: this show is about being up to date so a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. joy behar: you can say anything here. jerry springer: i spent a couple of hours with a hooker joy behar: your mistake was writing a check jerry springer: she never cashed it (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. tonight starting at 6 eastern. (vo) next on current tv: vanguard. the documentary series that raised the bar for excellence. >> we dive deep into the topics that we cover. >> telling important stories that need to be told. (vo) and on the next vanguard: (mariana) they say they are going to the united states. (vo) dreaming of a better life in america they will risk everything on this one journey. >> they chop your arms
7:06 am
they chop your legs. (mariana) they call it. el tren de la muerte. [♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: yeah, it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. stephaniemiller.com, check it out. you can email us all there executive producer chris lavoie voice deity jim ward birthday boy. ♪ happy birthday to me happy birthday [ inaudible ] ♪ >> stephanie: awesome. thank you, jim.
7:07 am
[ applause ] >> stephanie: eric boleert had to cancel today. obama approval rating today 51%. >> yeah. >> stephanie: and he talked about umbrella gate. lou dobbs going off over umbrella gate. >> lou dobbs used to be the storied reporter -- >> stephanie: yeah, and now he is literally the old man shaking his fists at the clouds. he president yesterday. >> obama: too often our politics aren't focused on the same things you. making sure your kids have every
7:08 am
chance in life. >> stephanie: eric boleert also tweeted administration wide intimidation. yeah. this is literally. kind of funny mer dock's wall street journal drops benghazi and changes this as the scandal that would change everything. and the best tweet ever from eric bolling from fox news. conspiracy theory in me says that is a cover for the about to explode benghazi scandal. [ explosion ] >> stephanie: so umbrella is really a cover for asparagus gate, which is really a coffer for car thief gate, and eric
7:09 am
holder is involved. >> stephanie: dan [ inaudible ] yesterday. >> there is no questions that republicans are trying to make political hey here. they are trying to drag washington into a swamp of trumped up hearings and false statements. >> stephanie: donald rumsfeld has a book. and he said this was like some form of neocon art. stars and garters. >> like people criticizing stalin for his mustache. >> stephanie: right. thank you, jim. this gets echoed through -- which is why we have to spray troll be gone, because you can tell they are excooing
7:10 am
things they heard on fox news. if fox news reports something completely erroneous they don't correct it they just move on. none of that happened. how come the president was watching the video live and -- >> he wasn't. >> this looks like a job for troll be gone. >> i'm a small business owner -- >> look at the monkey -- >> i try to listen to both sides. >> troll be gone now in our five-gallon concentrate. >> stephanie: this is the story i keep saying, why is there not a bigger story about this. the abc exclusive has since been dismantled where the original point said the white house had been deeply involved in the
7:11 am
talking pointing. we now know abc got the story wrong, thanks to the release of the actual emails. we know there's no evidence of the white house trying to politicize the talking points -- i mean it's just -- yeah and then that just goes away like that wasn't some -- the report by jennifer griffin -- the navy seals had been stationed in benghazi but the men were ordered to stand down. the fox report said that the men had actually been 600 miles away, where he was killed in the final attack. fox never publicly corrected or acknowledged the glaring error. >> yeah. >> stephanie: okay. hack in indiana, you are on the
7:12 am
"stephanie miller show." hey, hack. >> caller: why doesn't anybody ask the tea partiers what part of their agenda has anything to do with social welfare. and an organization that so hates the irs has its hand out for a tax break. >> stephanie: yeah jim, you said that on day one. i really don't understand the outrage. >> it says party right there in the name. tea party. they are a political organization. >> stephanie: right. >> exclusively i might add. >> stephanie: by the way the incredibly right nate silver back in action -- isn't he something? [♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: he debunked peggy
7:13 am
noonan. the claim that obama irs went after wealthy republican individuals. noonan had written the second part of the scandal is the worst scandal since watergate. some conservative romney supporters were targeted and high-earning obama supporters were also targeted. his results debunn't noonan's argument with an estimated 380,000 romney voters being audited. hundreds of thousands of conservatives voted would have been selected for audits and part of their normal process.
7:14 am
the fact that noonan has identify identified four from the thousands -- high-income earners probably disproportionately get audits. >> peggy noonan apparently pulled something out of her post posterior posterior. >> stephanie: yes. >> an independent investigation was about to conclude. >> stephanie: yes. aaron shock who is shocking -- >> he has those shocking abs. >> snoo right. >> we don't have any reason to believe there was anyone out of the irs directing them to do this. >> stephanie: right. >> okay. >> stephanie: right. exactly. so tell me again why this is a
7:15 am
scandal than is worse than -- what did steve king say? it is worse than watergate and iran contra times ten -- at least ten. >> plus tyranny. >> stephanie: right. mitch mcconnell. >> it's no wonder that the irs are to get the message, the president demonizes his opponents. >> stephanie: just theoretically. okay. it's just like -- the president sent thought messages. they just knew. mitch mcconnell >> the investigation has just begun, so i'm not going to reach a conclusion about what we might find. >> because i haven't made up my -- my conclusions yet. >> stephanie: i'm not going to
7:16 am
suggest, i'm just going to imply a culture of intimidation. >> while intimidating the democratic people that were audited, which outnumber the republican -- >> stephanie: right. right. if you are really looking at final results. >> and actual facts. >> stephanie: peter rothcomb. >> how come only conservatives got snagged. >> it's not true! >> it's the exact opposite. >> stephanie: only one group was denied. >> and they were democrats. what the hell. can you get away with that? >> stephanie: yes, you can. and republican of maryland. >> the irs needs less power not more. >> i'm sure david gregory will get ahold of that and make sure
7:17 am
record is correct. >> stephanie: no, he did not. i was shocked. now they are trying to link the irs to -- i have -- it's not a scandal. >> what is it? it's a thing. >> stephanie: they can use a director, so they can have more concrete guidelines how about that? so now they are trying to link it to another reason that -- why obamacare should be repealed or -- >> whatever! >> stephanie: because financial assistance to help the insured will be funneled through -- they are just using this as another reason why -- >> obama needs to appoint a new director of the irs, and he needs to make sure that the phrase exclusively social
7:18 am
welfare needs to be put back. >> stephanie: what social welfare work do any of those tea party groups do -- >> they seem to basically just shake their fists. >> stephanie: so that are an exercise group. >> and they need help with their spelling. >> stephanie: it plays a crucial role in carrying outthe health care law they don't get to pick what doctors -- because michele bachmann tried to link that -- >> death panels! >> stephanie: oh, dear god. i'm sleepy. >> why are we even having this debate? >> stephanie: i know. we'll be right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> this is the dirtiest show i have ever been on in my whole
7:19 am
life. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ >> if you believe in state's rights but still support the drug war you must be high. >> "viewpoint" digs deep into >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld.
7:20 am
>> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv. hershey's simple pleasures chocolate. 30% less fat, 100% delicious.
7:21 am
7:22 am
i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
7:23 am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ is my life ♪ ♪ yes -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ is my life, you got to get up you got to get up you got to get down girl ♪ >> you saved someone's life? >> stephanie: yes. >> you created a life. you impregnated wilson cruz. >> stephanie: i did. and hal sparks got there the same time did. and so we walked the red carpet together, and there are all
7:24 am
sorts of other rumors now. this hour brought to you by big commerce, you know selling online online -- is a great way to do business. big commerce is the only solution to setting up your online store. it has everything you need like website design, customer support reps, they are award winning, you know? >> they are. >> stephanie: how many awards have you won? none. >> fine. >> stephanie: it's exactly what you need to sell online part-time. run an online business full-time or expand your current business. it is your all in one stop shop.
7:25 am
right now use my name check it out. a 30-day trial free plus two hours of e-commerce coaching free. click on the little blue headphones and select my name from the dropdown menu won't you. >> i have a mortar and pencil does that count? >> stephanie: yes. just do it. jay in atlanta. >> caller: hi, stephanie. listen, give me a chance to say this. john boehner is a lying, fake acting phony, he put on that the president is hiding information and covering up the benghazi fiasco that they made up. and he pretended he had to call upon the state department for the release of the emails when we got the emails when -- he already had this information. and he put on like he didn't get -- the public and him didn't
7:26 am
have any email releases. and he is lying. >> stephanie: yes. and our latest thing we were going to get to is rand paul is demanding this irs memo that he believes must exist be released. >> caller: yeah and darrel issa, he is a self obsessed ego tistic -- i hope they all go to blazes. >> stephanie: go to blazes. my stars. [♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: rand paul believes the nefarious make believe irs memo must be revealed. on cnn yesterday, rand paul said he believes -- he believes mind you, that the irs had written policy that was specifically,
7:27 am
quote, targeting the people who were opposed to the president, and we the american public should be able to see it that if the thing he believes exists. but hah-rump is his hope. why haven't we seen this memo yet? >> possibly because it doesn't exist. >> stephanie: right. >> that is like the very definition of a strawman argument. >> stephanie: there is some smoking gun memo that he believes exists and why haven't we seen it yesterday? >> stephanie: alan hi. >> caller: good morning, y'all. i'm calling about this outrage we have over congress and senate, and i really don't understand why we're so outraged. i mean what are the -- the --
7:28 am
>> stephanie: we're outraged because the administration won't let us see memos that we think may exist. >> caller: okay. what are the qualifications for this job? you have to be an american citizen, a certain age, but then we have ever narcissistic gas bag, greedy but -- >> that's the entire history of congress, though. >> caller: but why are we shocked when they get up there -- you know. >> stephanie: i will say i think this particular republican congress is gas baggier. >> caller: okay, but it's like being the director at the monkey house in the zoo. he comes in pulling his hair out because the little creatures won't dance. >> and further more ho hah, hah, hah. >> stephanie: exactly. i'm trying to picture my dad
7:29 am
hearing hearing aspersions on my asparagus. >> they have made statements that were not true. then of course -- >> cast aspersions on my asparagus. >> the attorney general made statements that what i said was not true -- ♪ i have some random words up here in my head ♪ ♪ aspersions on my asparagus ♪ >> thank you. ♪ >> stephanie: oh. okay. all right. [ applause ] >> stephanie: thank you rocky mountain mike, twenty-nine minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:30 am
vanguard. the documentary series that raised the bar for excellence. >> we dive deep into the topics that we cover. >> telling important stories that need to be told. (vo) and on the next vanguard: (mariana) they say they are going to the united states. (vo) dreaming of a better life in america they will risk everything on this one journey. >> they chop your arms they chop your legs. (mariana) they call it. el tren de la muerte.
7:31 am
7:32 am
7:33 am
this show is about analyzing criticizing, and holding policy to the fire. are you encouraged by what you heard the president say the other night? is this personal, or is it political? a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i'm given to doing anyway, by staying in touch with everything that is going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. in reality it's not like they actually care. this is purely about political grandstanding. i've worn lots of hats, but i've always kept this going. i've been doing politics now for a dozen years. (vo) he's been called the epic politics man. he's michael shure and his arena is the war room. >> these republicans in congress that think the world ends at the atlantic ocean border and pacific ocean border. the bloggers and the people that are sort of compiling the best of the day. i do a lot of looking at those people as well. not only does senator rubio just care about rich people, but somehow he thinks raising the minimum wage is a bad idea for the middle class. but we do care about them right?
7:34 am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> story of my life. my cuteness interferes with people hearing my message. >> stephanie: i said and krin crinkled up my nose. randy in kentucky welcome. >> caller: hello. i'm from kentucky and when mitch mcconnell said that about the -- our main job is to make sure obama don't get reelected, i thought he should have been thrown out of office right then.
7:35 am
>> stephanie: yeah and him saying i hope the president fails. you can decide if that is a patriotic american. >> caller: yeah, and as you talk around kentucky if i won't be surprised if he don't get elected. >> stephanie: yeah wouldn't that be something. >> he'll have to go back to the ga lop goes island. t.j. -- oh, darn. you know why i got a dial tone because he was going to talk about benghazi. he is a skeered troll. i think the troll be gone is working. oh, this is nice. reince priebus! >> reince priebus! [ dog barking ] >> >> stephanie: oh thank you his
7:36 am
dogs are behind him. >> reince priebus! [ dog barking ] >> stephanie: he warned members of congress to be cautious in calling for president obama's impeachment until you have evidence. he said we have to persistent but patient. i think where there's smoke there's fire. yes, i'm sure -- >> whatever! >> stephanie: if you just wait long enough. all right then. the president spoke at a commencement address yesterday. >> we know too many young men in your community continue to make bad choices, and i have to say growing up, i made quite a few myself. sometimes i wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down.
7:37 am
i had a tendency sometimes to make excuses for me not doing the right thing. but one of the things that all of you have learned over the last four years is there no longer any room for excuses. be the best husband to your wife! or your boyfriend or your partner! be the best father you be to your children, because nothing is more important. >> stephanie: wow, i'm guessing that is going to be all over fox news tonight that the superintendent an angry black man that admitted to hating white people. and injected gayness in the middle of it. >> that's right. [ explosion ] >> stephanie: inclusive. the president again yet. >> obama: what success i have
7:38 am
achieved have depended less on sat scores and have more to do with the special obligation i felt as a black man like you who wanted to help those that need is most, because there before the grace of god go i, i might have been in their shoes. i might have been in prison been unemployed and not able to support a family and that motivates me. >> you mean by the grace of ala. >> stephanie: right. [ explosion ] >> that was jesus -- >> stephanie: right. too angry and too inclusive. >> right! he is ang-clusive. >> stephanie: right. and the first lady. >> you have got to dig deep and work like crazy, and that's what you'll find out what you are really made of during those hard
7:39 am
times, but you can only do that if you are willing to put yourself in a position where you might fail and that's why so often failure is the key to success for so many great people. >> why is she so angry. >> stephanie: jack in jersey. >> caller: he should have been a preacher instead of the president. he hasn't showed me anything in the last four and a half years but tear down this country. [ laughter ] >> that's hilarious. >> stephanie: why should he be a preacher instead of the president? >> caller: he has no background to be a president, because of his two years in the senate? >> and mitt romney did? >> what was gorge bush's qualifications. >> caller: well, they were all governors. >> stephanie: right. jack kennedy -- all right.
7:40 am
let's just move on to how he has attorney down the country? >> he said he was going to balance the budget. he hasn't even put a budget in. and he said he would have unemployment down below 5%. >> stephanie: he never said that. >> he says 7 now. >> caller: well, whatever he never did anything like that. >> stephanie: okay. >> caller: i hope he don't try to change the constitution and run again. >> stephanie: you are sure he is going to do that? >> caller: he is going to try. he has tried everything else. >> what else has he tried. >> caller: he got those four men killed in the middle east. look at the health care that we don't need >> stephanie: what about the few million people that don't have
7:41 am
health care right now? >> caller: are they denied when they get into the hospital? no? >> and you end up paying for that with higher premium and higher taxes. >> caller: we have been paying higher taxes too. >> because people go to the emergency room for basic health care. >> caller: and you don't think the tax rate is going to go up again to pay for that health care? >> it will be a lot cheaper -- >> caller: and then the ris -- >> irs. >> caller: they are going to have medical -- >> stephanie: oh boy. >> their medical what -- >> you know, stuff. >> caller: they are going to have everything about us on medical papers -- >> stephanie: oh, is this a privacy thing? >> caller: yes. >> stephanie: there is already stuff on you on medical papers. like when a doctor writes stuff down about you. >> caller: yes, but it does
7:42 am
don't be to the government. >> stephanie: i feel like he just ran out of gas -- >> yeah. >> he seems to be under the impression that the government is going to be running health care. they will not be running health care. >> stephanie: i felt bad for him. he needed a little nappy. >> bless his heart. >> stephanie: are they going to -- >> what is he not -- gun -- >> what is it about trolls that once we point out where they are wrong, they just move on to the next topic. >> stephanie: because he sprayed troll be gone. i think we have weakened them. hello anita. >> caller: hello, the guy that just called talking about the president? >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: i don't understand people like that. talking about the health care that we don't need, it cost double to go to the emergency
7:43 am
room. they can't turn you away but you have a big bill that you didn't afford. and the president has done a better job than the last nut that was in the white house. and when it comes to -- [ inaudible ] democrat stance they are the worst, especially like this one. and i'm just so ashamed this president -- he is a black man even though he had a white mother, and i have never seen a president done just as bad as this one has. and it just breaks your heart the way they have treated him. it boils down to the color of his skin. >> stephanie: yeah, the latest thing, literally umbrella gate. you can google every president has a picture of somebody holding an umbrella for them in
7:44 am
the rain -- >> yeah. and john mccain, who i used to respect, he just bothers me a lot of these senator and all are from the south -- and the south just getting -- the country is just changing -- we still living maybe a hundred years in the past a lot of the white people there. and the republican party boils down to a bunch of ignorant stupid rednecks. >> stephanie: all right. thank you honey. before he started -- because no no, that was the original talking point about obama -- he qualifyies -- what? what? you can go down the list. okay. it's because he is a black guy, i guess. >> yeah. >> stephanie: steve in chicago
7:45 am
you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, steve? >> hi, how are you. i love you. supported your father and gold weather in 1964. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: yes, this story about this colored boy here -- the color boy needed to pull himself up by his own bootstraps. he is lazy. and it comes down to a little white snow monkey on the leash of a colored boy music grinder. you see my? >> stephanie: yes, very colorful. forty- forty-five minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." current tv is the place for compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of
7:46 am
marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real,
7:47 am
7:48 am
7:49 am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything. mousse ♪
7:50 am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ let's groove tonight ♪ ♪ share the spice of life ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ is goin' groove tonight ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. fifty minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. let's go to george in chicago. welcome. >> caller: you know what i have learned from your show beautiful momma is there is no such thing as a troll that is droll. barack hussein obama was qualified for the president
7:51 am
because of the first three words in our constitution. we the people. we the people are sovereign. and once a candidate have satisfied the two requirements, it is up to us to decide whether that person is qualified or not. and he won the major of his votes fair and square unlike his predecessor, and he is qualified because we say so. >> tyranny! >> stephanie: yes, thank you. we didn't think we could get any
7:52 am
more nonsensical than aspersions on our asparagus. legalized abortions cause school shootings? north dakota. kevin kramer from north dakota insists in school shootings directly connected to the legalization of abortions 40 years ago and a supposed decline in christian values. missouri republican september sue alan has called on her constituents to blame them for the death of her anti-bullying bill. it bans enumerated lists of people that need protection such as gay and transgender students. kansas state board of education
7:53 am
member steve roberts stood his ground tuesday defending his use of the n word during last month's meeting 10%. he said i did my best to stay the n word clinically. >> was he wearing a white lab coat at the time. >> stephanie: how do you say that word clinically. >> clinically. >> stephanie: he was doing it in an instructional way. in that clinical way a white person can do it and somehow not be offensive. >> right. >> stephanie: and michele bachmann, we can't forget bat [ censor bleep ] from minnesota. it is very important to ask and now it is reasonable to ask could there be political implications on access to health
7:54 am
care based on the -- >> you dumb twit. >> it's not an entitlement program. you are still covered by private insurance. oh, god -- oh my god. my heart hurts. >> stephanie: okay. kc in washington. hi, kc. >> caller: hey, steph and the mooks, happy monday. >> stephanie: hello, thank you. >> caller: two things the right wing wind bag that called in talking about obama tearing down this country, first they don't say something about the 800,000 jobs a month that were being lost when george bush was president, or the 200,000 jobs that are being added per month now.
7:55 am
and second thing is how do you think the mid-turns are going to go? >> stephanie: we had rude pundit on earlier and he was saying that is the only thing we should be focused on because the only way to stop this madness is to do that, but i don't know with gerrymandering. i think we need to get out there in numbers that are strong enough that we could. we have got to at least hold the senate or it will be impeachment talk every day. >> every state has its own way of redistricting. >> and we have got to get rid of black box voting. >> stephanie: yeah. al in buffalo. >> caller: hey, good morning, everybody, after the republicans blew the banks, then they put in two unfunded wars, and then failed to protect us for the
7:56 am
greatest attack on american soil. the presidency saved the auto industry, and saved millions of homeowners from losing their homes. i was able to take advantage of the first time homeowners credit, and the recovery in investment act, which saved millions of people -- i'm sorry, millions of jobs because we were shedding like 750,000 jobs a month. and i wish someone would write an op-ed. >> stephanie: you just did. nicely done. bill in vegas. hi, bill. >> caller: hi, stephanie. two points regarding that one caller and then one extra point. number one, i would say his previous qualification is being a harvard educated constitutional law professor. number 2, by that caller's
7:57 am
logic, george washington would not be able to qualify for president. and when you get something like that, play that clip from harry potter when he runs in crying troll! troll in the dungeon. >> stephanie: yeah, get it. >> i have never seen the movie. >> stephanie: of course you haven't it had swords and elves. >> yeah, i know. >> stephanie: bob in texas. >> caller: hi, stephanie. i just wanted to get your opinion on something. i give a little bit of credible toy these three issues. i'm not going to call them scandals. but i agree had we known we would have been attacked in benghazi the security would be better. on the ap thing, i think the scope was a little brood, but i
7:58 am
understand that. >> stephanie: yeah, and the republicans had been urging the obama administration to be tougher on leaks. >> caller: yes, and on the ap thing, i think maybe the scope of the subpoena should have been more narrow. but they overplay their hand to the point where no one gives them credibility. you were refer tog michele bachmann who i think is an absolute lunatic. wouldn't you love to see her and hilary in a debate. >> stephanie: oh, god, yes. >> turkey! >> stephanie: and the last thing is umbrella gate i don't see how we are going to get past that one. >> stephanie: yeah we're toast now.
7:59 am
fifty-eight minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show."
8:00 am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: all right. hour number 3. jacki schechner a clarification on the michele bachmann irs health care law thing. >> yes, when we set up the state health insurance exchanges, some people will qualify for government paid health insurance. so there is no better entity to determine if you are eligible than the irs.
8:01 am
they have no interest in what you have done in your history and if you are so concerned about people having access to your medical insurance, think about what you divulge to the insurance companies. >> stephanie: oh, my god, nothing but net as usual on health care. >> you go girl. >> all right. good morning, everybody. the supreme court has decided it is going to take up a case in the issue of prayer at government meetings. case in question comes from greece new york. lower courts are torn over whether the town board has violated the first ten words of the first amendment. two women are challenging the town board and the gist of their argument is that government
8:02 am
cannot serve everyone when it favors one religion over the other. new jersey democrats say that governor chris christie is getting an unfair boost from new tourism ads. medical relief money is being used to fund a $25 million pr campaign called stronger than the shore. >> the word is spreading. >> because we're stronging than the storm. >> stephanie: critics say that christie should not be able to appear in these adds in an election year. the republican candidate for governor is in a new ad featuring the slain -- excuse me -- a slain police officer's family and is intended to paint him in a more personal light. >> every time i was in the hospital, i would see him. i will never forget that.
8:03 am
>> he was a figure that i came to expect to be there. he really cared about us. and that meant a lot to me. >> the ad makes no mention of his policy positions. we're back after the break. gets that i actually mean it. michael shure: this show is about being up to date so a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. joy behar: you can say anything here. jerry springer: i spent a couple of hours with a hooker joy behar: your mistake was writing a check jerry springer: she never cashed it (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. tonight starting at 6 eastern.
8:04 am
8:05 am
very, very excited about that and very proud of that. >>beltway politics from inside the loop. >>we tackle the big issues here in our nation's capital, around the country and around the globe. >>dc columnist and four time emmy winner bill press opens current's morning news block. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning. (vo) next on current tv: vanguard. the documentary series that raised the bar for excellence. >> we dive deep into the topics that we cover. >> telling important stories that need to be told. (vo) and on the next vanguard: (mariana) they say they are going to the united states. (vo) dreaming of a better life in america they will risk everything on this one journey. >> they chop your arms
8:06 am
they chop your legs. (mariana) they call it. el tren de la muerte. [♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. happy monday. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. oh, jim, there's another -- during my spinning class this weekend. the medically unwise phrases my instructor yells out. >> uh-huh. >> stephanie: if you feel like puking that is awesome. >> no, it isn't. >> these people are going to get sued. >> stephanie: no, they are not. they are the greatest. >> if someone dies they will.
8:07 am
>> stephanie: that was the original one, there is no recovery in this class. recovery is staying alive. >> if they are telling people to avoid warning signs that's a problem. >> if you have a sharp pain in your chest go faster. >> stephanie: no faster! >> oh, my god. >> that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. >> stephanie: it is awesome. that got everybody i know addicted -- >> some people are addicted to heroine too. >> stephanie: yes. what? no. >> it makes you thin. [ laughter ] >> you can't keep your food down. >> why go to spinning -- >> yeah, hear win makes you barf too. what is the difference between spinning and heroine. >> stephanie: you know how tired i get of always being . . . right? [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> stephanie: because of all of the scandal palooza, we got into the clinton stuff, and as a
8:08 am
former catholic girl sexual relations meant having sex -- and i think technically he didn't lie. was it slippery? yes, it was. but paula jones attorney defined sexual intercourse as sexual relations. and clinton saw the loophole and look it. and [ inaudible ] writes i agree with steph. in those kays if you didn't go all the way you were just fooling around. [ applause ] >> sexual intercourse means intercourse. sexual relations is an umbrella
8:09 am
term meaning everything. >> yes. >> stephanie: no. brie an writes steph i attended sexy liberal chicago. the thing that resinates to me was your answer to the coming out experience. in the end you realized that you were actually judging everyone else, and everyone lost out on 15 years ago. not worth the editing of pro announces. pro announces like they and them -- >> stephanie: right. they and it. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: your answer gave me the courage i wanted to do for five years and that was come out to my father. no woman wants to lose her father's loves specially me as my mother passed away seven years ago. last week i wrote my father a
8:10 am
letter telling him i was gay. and went to work. and when i came home he had left a card and it just said i love you. thank you, stephanie for giving me a push. brianne the official gay pharmacist of the "stephanie miller show." [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> do we need one? >> stephanie: yes, because sheing only dispenses rainbow drugs. i did kiss and impregnate wilson cruz last night. did you know there apparently is a female college basketball
8:11 am
player that is gay, as it turns out jim. >> what? shocking! >> just one? >> there are lesbians in the nba? >> stephanie: a friend of mine was talk about i remember when we found out our gym teacher was a lesbian -- wouldn't it be news if she was ant lesbian. >> yeah my female gym teacher had a mustache. we kind of knew. >> stephanie: what did sister lou think about that? >> no, that was a different school. >> stephanie: i don't follow basketball sorry, but brittany green and grinder, she is the number 1 wnba draft -- but in 2013, former bailor star brittany grinder -- g-r-i-n-e-r.
8:12 am
>> it is probably greener. >> stephanie: the point is she has made it to greener pastures. she did not reveal she was gay until after her college career ended last month, grinder said because her coach requested players not be publicly open about their sexuality out of fear it could affect the department and negative effect recruiting. really? it was one of those things just don't do it -- >> the next thing you are going to assume all of the male rhythmic dancers are gay. >> stephanie: right. that's a slippery slope. they tried to make it about putting your business out on the
8:13 am
street. >> what? >> that's being a prostitute. >> straight women put that out on the street by going out on a date with a guy. >> stephanie: right. so a lot of hopeful news on the gay right's front. and this is in the village in new york city. >> yeah. >> stephanie: a gay man was gunned down by a bigot who hurled homophobic slurs at him. one of the men snarled what are you gay wrestlers? that's clever. do you want to die here? is he your boy? when carson answered yes, he pulled out a gun and shot him in the face. it's at least the 22-anti-gay
8:14 am
attack in the city this year. in recent weeks as many as five anti-gay attacks have happened in the past month. >> we better start arming the gays. >> and in new york city for crying out loud. >> stephanie: i know. >> god. >> stephanie: speaking of army look who is for background checks. jeffery nugent. brother of -- >> ted nugent? >> stephanie: yes, he is the former president of revlon, the makeup company. that is so random. >> huh. >> stephanie: he writes i'm a member of the nra, former army
8:15 am
officer, and older brother of ted -- >> i don't think you should put that on your resume. >> stephanie: yeah i would put not that nugent. he writes not everyone is qualified to own a gun. so expanded background checks without be the priority. i believe it will keep a lot of people who aren't entitled to guns would be stopped from having them. the nra has it wrong. irresponsible gun owners are bad for everyone. if you shouldn't have access to a gun, you shouldn't have abscess to a gun.
8:16 am
can anyone argue with that? well, ask your dopey brother. this is the heart breaking gun story of the morning. does not involve kids however. a couple drinking in their garage, wife decided that she wanted to show off her new assault rifle, was handing it to her husband when it went off and stuck her in the head and killed her. this was this colorado the husband told police the group had been drinking in the garage of the couple's home when the 22-year-old went upstairs to get her new assault rifle, she was reaching out to hand it to her husband when the gunfires and struck her in the head.
8:17 am
>>, a, why was it loaded? and b, there is something called a safety, i believe on modern guns. >> stephanie: yes, okay. billy in texas. hi, billy missed ya. >> caller: hey, i miss you too. i heard you talking about that serial cheater bill clinton. >> stephanie: ah. >> caller: yeah, serial cheater. amoral son of a gun. and it reminded me of the contrast of why i despised bill clinton, as opposed to why i despise president obama. i also despise women who will put up with their husband's cheating on them -- >> stephanie: and that has never
8:18 am
happened to a republican -- >> caller: that's not the point. >> stephanie: he is not the only one that has ever cheated on his wife -- >> take rockefeller who died stuping his secretary. >> stephanie: right. all right. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> not bad. i'm glad i tried it once. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." >> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv.
8:19 am
(vo) next, current tv is the place for compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
8:20 am
8:21 am
cuenttv
8:22 am
8:23 am
8:24 am
8:25 am
8:26 am
8:27 am
8:28 am
8:29 am
8:30 am
8:31 am
8:32 am
8:33 am
8:34 am
8:35 am
8:36 am
8:37 am
8:38 am
8:39 am
8:40 am
8:41 am
8:42 am
8:43 am
8:44 am
8:45 am
8:46 am
8:47 am
8:48 am
8:49 am
8:50 am
8:51 am
8:52 am
8:53 am
8:54 am
8:55 am
8:56 am
8:57 am
8:58 am
8:59 am
9:00 am
left
right